Friday 20 January 2012

Marathon

It's an idea that has been building in my mind all week, and for a couple of weeks prior. Maybe it's the fact that I got the Marathon Issue of Runner's World a couple of weeks ago, or the fact that I have been reading I Thought They Said Rum, a blog that I discovered through the Do Life Forums, or maybe it's the fact that I need a new goal.  But the idea of running a marathon has been playing on my mind.

I spent a couple of nights drawing up upcoming races and challenges on a calendar, with the plan to draw up a training plan. There's some issues - the wedding and subsequent honeymoon will put a bit of a dampener on training schedules. There's the fact that there are no good marathons until October this year. There's the fact of my dodgy knee, that has started playing up again.

But damn, the idea of it is in my brain now. And I don't think it's going to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment