Sunday 26 June 2011

The week that was.

Well, it's been a crazy week. Mainly for good reasons.

We had our work conference this week, which I attended for the first time. It was great, and I learnt a lot and networked a lot, but I still have a lot more networking to do and a lot more 'stuff' to figure out in relation to the industry - being a city girl and getting my head around agriculture and rural Victoria does take time. But I'm getting a crash course in the next few weeks with a heap of conferences to attend, including the one in WA, so I'm sure I'll be a pro in no time!

It was Winter Solstice this week, the shortest day of the year and longest night. The great thing about Yule is that even though it's just the beginning of winter, from here on in the days will get longer and the nights shorter. Woohoo! I feel like I haven't really connected with my roots for a while, so doing something for it this year was good (even though I only really did stuff last night). The official Solstice was celebrated with lots of mulled wine (possibly to much for a Tuesday, but such is life) and warming, hearty foods such as black bean enchiladas.

This week I've learn that black beans, whilst awesome, take ages to cook. After getting ridiculously excited at getting black beans from the Queen Vic Market (Black Beans. In Melbourne!), I found out they need to soak for a day. And then be boiled/cooked for about another two hours. So the black bean enchiladas were epic. But totally worth it. See?


Nom!


Yesterday Dan and I took the dog for a walk along the river for just over 12 kms. It was a gorgeous sunny day in Melbourne, and my first bit of exercise since hurting my rib. So it was spectacular! We went further than we expected and it was just really nice. And today I took the dog to the usual part, and we had a great time and met a heap of other dogs (and owners), and it was just really nice. All in all, it was a really nice and chilled weekend.  And my rib is hurting less and less! I reckon with luck I'll be able to compete in the half marathon. And Goddamn if I do I am going to finish it!!

This is the dog I've been talking about, a little knackered after her walks. And yes, she is in a cat bed. The bed the cats rejected. Sigh.






No comments:

Post a Comment