Tuesday 7 June 2011

Living Below the Line - Day 2

I am currently on Day 2 of Living Below the Line, and am feeling good so far. My inadvertant coffee ban last week has helped a lot, so I'm not really craving coffee this week. Hooray for illness! ;)

On Sunday night I went back to Coles, and this is what I got:

Bread: $1.09
Butter: $1.39
Pasta Sauce: $1.59
Pasta: $1.00
Frozen vegies: $2.00
Pears (4): $1.23
Potatoes: $0.98
Apple: $0.16
Mi Goreng: $0.54
Total: $9.98

The bread and butter is a bit of a splurge, but after having oats and water last week when I was super sick, I just couldn't face the idea of it. And I've often said I could live on toast, so we'll see how it goes!

Day 1 diet:
Breakfast: 3 slices of toast with butter
Lunch: Small bowl of pasta with frozen vegies and pasta sauce, baked potato
Afternoon snack: 2 slices of toast with butter, baked potato
Dinner: Bowl of pasta and vegies.
Dessert: Pear! And it was the best, juiciest, most un-refined, un-carby thing I have eaten! <3

Day 2: Repeat.
Breakfast: 2 slices of toast with butter
Lunch: Bowl of pasta with vegies (slighly larger than yesterday).

Lunch yesterday:


It doesn't seem that bad. The choices that I made this week were the right ones for me. Although I would kill for some fresh vegies, and possibly some milk, I think I've chosen well. My pack of Mi Goreng will be a welcome change either tomorrow or Thursday though. I also have marathon training tonight, so that could be an interesting challenge. We'll see how it goes. I'll have my potato and probably more toast before hand.

Despite it being better than I thought, I am VERY glad that it is not my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment