Monday 13 June 2011

The Long Weekend that was

God I love long weekends. And this was a good one.

Friday night involved watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on TV. They're all so little!! I feel a bit weird for having a small crush on Daniel Radcliff now...Saturday was awesome. I got up and had my first coffee in 9 days. Oh. My. God. It was wonderful. Breakfast involved multigrain toast with Vegemite, which was a treat from my thin white bread with butter. Life was good.

This is me with the coffee and toast the day after Living Below the Line:



Then it was to the airport to pick up my best friend Ange who was down from Brisbane for her Hen's Party. Unfortuately she was early and therefore I was late, but it all worked in the end. I dropped her home and went to Mel the other bridesmaid's house to set up for the secret kitchen tea. We went to lunch up in the Dandenongs and much food was consumed, and only a little bit of wine since I was driving. Then back to Mel's place for the kitchen tea and games like 'put the apron on while keeping a balloon in the air. The peg game was my fave - it's where everyone has two pegs and they can't say certain words or will get their pegs taken off them. I lost both my pegs, and then starting kicking arse at the game. Too late! D'oh! After a very civilised day it was off to mum and dad's for a girl's night watching Burlesque with my sister. I have heard it described as 'sparkly brain rot', and that's exactly what it was. It didn't try to be anything that it wasn't, and it was awesome.

Sunday morning I got up and went for a run. It was a gorgeous morning - foggy and mystical, and I didn't have the dog since she was at home. I had planned on going for 16kms, then figured I would try for 18km, and then realised that if I wanted to get to the boardwalk it would mean that it would be about 20kms all up. So I ran it all. Every track that came on was exactly perfect (until 15kms in when my music stopped unexpectedly and I couldn't get it going again), and I was in the zone. It was a perfect run and a perfect morning, and all up it ended up being 22.7kms. Fuck yeah. I ran a half marathon before breakfast!!! This was in stark contrast to Tuesday when I was coughing and spluttering and struggled to run 10kms. I was kind of in shock because I still don't know how I did it, but it was great. And I'm feeling much for confident about the actual half marathon in July. Now I can work on improving my times. Hooray for goals!!!

The rest of the weekend has been relaxing, with lots of How I Met Your Mother, walking the dog, eating fresh vegetables (sooo good!), drinking coffee and mending clothes to make awesome new outfits. Queen Lizzie, thank you for having a birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment