Wednesday 2 January 2013

Brand new year



I love this time of year. The craziness of Christmas and New Year's is over, and it's a brand new year. Everything is filled with opportunity and there is a chance to wipe the slate clean and think about what you want the coming year to be.

Let's do this.

I have many plans for 2013. One of my favourite things to do is go to the hills and hike for a while, find a nice spot to settle in and then go through my goals from the year before and see how it went. I didn't do this for 2012 which made it a little difficult to assess the year against my goals. Since it's been such a crazy year though it's not the end of the world. There were things I definitely accomplished, and things I didn't have on my list which I did accomplish, so it's all good.

I have a long list of things I plan on doing this year. Here's what I have so far:

2013 goals

  • Do the splits
  • Run uninjured (i.e. do stretches and exercises EVERY DAY)
  • Drink no more than 6 alcoholic drinks per week
  • Do the vertical splits for pole dancing
  • 5 deadlift chin-ups
  • Pay back uni debts
  • Get my chest to the ground
  • Start saving for a house
  • Learn to surf
  • Swim with great white sharks
  • Be less bitchy and judgmental
  • Be more calm
  • Do more yoga
  • Eat clean 70% of the time
  • Make new friends
  • Make fitness friends
  • Go to the hills once a month
  • Volunteer regularly
  • See things through to the end 
  • Be more proactive
  • Be disciplined
  • Use social media less
  • Lose 3kg of fat (more than happy to gain in in muscle)
  • Be more loving
  • Call my best friend more

There are too many items on the list and I know there are many items which don't have anything easily quantifiable. This is my wish list though, and I think I will start trimming it down into easily achievable goals. I also have something big planned for the coming year, so watch this space!

2013 - it's gonna be a good one!
Happy New Year Pinterest Friends
;)







No comments:

Post a Comment