Sunday 4 November 2012

Weekend stuff - the 5 minute chocolate mug cake

It's been a pretty cruisey weekend so far, which has been good. It's been one of those weekends which has been a bit of a struggle between what you want to do, what you should do, and what you can do. Don't you hate that? Finding the right balance is always hard.

Friday night started off well, with me making a healthy dinner (Asian soup with vegies and noodles) for my housemate. She kept on craving cake, despite the crazy amount of chocolate currently in the house. I suddenly had a brain wave and remembered that you can make a chocolate mug cake. That's right, a cake in a mug. Dangerous. Only not so much, it turns out.

She made the nutella mug cake, and I made a generic chocolate cake whose recipe I can't find again, although I added some peanut butter. How did it turn out?

Chocolate cake just out of the microwave

...and you see what I mean
Yeah. It was rubbery, dense and lacking in flavour. We ended up putting nutella over them, and they both tasted a little better. Although with the amount of ingredients used, you could easily make something just as awesome, and if you have nutella all you need is a spoon!

This weekend was also for bike rides with the dog. I'm still loving Susan my bike - she's perfect for lazy rides. Bike riding should not be a race in my opinion (I may just be saying that because I ride very slow).

Cookie and Susan

Cookie enjoying the creek
I'm really missing running (it's been 9 days since my last run), but at least having a bike is helping a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment