Tuesday 31 July 2012

Goals

It occurred to me this morning that I have enough time to start training for the Melbourne (half) Marathon. I had planned to sign up for it, but it was only when I was going through a training plan for a different run on the tram this morning that I realised that I'm actually five weeks into the program. I thought there would be a lot of time to start, but apparently not!

So I vaguely made my training plan, and tonight I went for a run incorporating some tempo work (well, running faster for bits then slower for bits. Very scientific). It was good. Today was crappy, and this helped.

I am now sitting at home reading Runner's World, drinking Baileys and finding useful tidbits of information. Did you know that dogs have also been found to have the same 'runner's high' chemical that humans do? How awesome is that?!

On that note, here is a gratuitous picture of my training buddy extraordinaire, Cookie.


No comments:

Post a Comment