Monday 11 June 2012

The longest weekend

This weekend was a weekend of highs, lows, and blahs. I seem to have lost my mojo of late, and I don't quite know how to get it back. Case in point: three days off for the Queens Birthday long weekend. Normally a long weekend would be cause for joy, but this weekend...not so much.

I'm the kind of person that never gets bored. Even if I'm not doing anything there's always something I could be doing or even should be doing. But this weekend, nothing really worked. I just couldn't be bothered doing much, even things that normally give me joy. Maybe it's because I don't reallky have any goals to work towards  - the half (and full) marathons are out, the wedding is over, pole dancing won't start until later in the year, and I don't really have anything to aim for or look forward to. It's a strange feeling. I need a hobby.

That's the lows and blahs. Now for the highs.

Friday was the final ever gig with Clint Boge performing with The Butterfly Effect. These guys are my favourites. When I discovered them it opened my eyes to a whole new world of music, and I haven't looked back. I love them so much that I have been planning a tattoo with the logo in it for about 4 years. So it's sad that Clint is leaving, particularly as its not the happiest of circumstances. Nevertheless, I was determined not to cry at this gig (I cried like a bitch at the last one), and I decided that this was a joyous occasion. And it was. It was a privilege to be a part of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment