Wednesday 16 November 2011

30 Day Shred



After reading about Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred here, I became a little intrigued to try it as she was talking about how she only used to love running but thought she should try something different. Since I'm still a little cautious running because of my knee, doing something else apart from running and random workouts seems like the way to go. Then a friend on Facebook mentioned she wanted to start it, and that it was it.

For those that don't know, the 30 Day Shred is a DVD by Jillian Michaels, who is the trainer on the American Biggest Looser (which I've never watched). I've seen some of her quotes on Pinterest and like her vibe, so figured I'd give it a go. There are 3 levels with 10 workouts in each, and they are meant to be done daily. Each workout has 2 circuits, so there will be strength for 3 mins, cardio for 2 and abs for 1 minute. Repeat. The entire workout goes for 30 mins with a warm up and cool down.

How did it go?

I did the first workout last night, and it was good. Some of the exercises were tough (i.e. the side lunges with the dumbbell lift - my arms!), but the rest were pretty cruisey although I could still tell I was working. I'm a little sore today, but nothing major. All up I would like a little more ab work, but since it's the first session it's probably just starting slow.

Despite the name, I didn't really realise that it actually meant 30 days, and that there is a workout for each consecutive day. I don't think I'll be doing it every day, since I'm not sure that's the best thing for your body (what about a day of rest?), and there's other workouts I'd like to do. But I'm looking forward to it, and will update on how it's going.


No comments:

Post a Comment