Wednesday 25 May 2011

Sydney

I just got back from a long weekend in Sydney, which was awesome. The weather was perfect - blue skys and 22 degrees, a far cry from my beloved Melbourne, which was about...oh 14 degrees.

I've been to Sydney before and had a great time, but I never fell in love with the place. It's kind of like the beautiful friend who you love to party with but doesn't really have much depth. This time I saw more of Sydney's depth, and I liked it a bit more. But coming home to Melbourne was great. Melbs may not be as visually stunning as Sydney, but it's like the awesome friend who just keeps on surprising you with their awesomeness.

We were there to see MM9's final show *sob* and it was a ripper. Good times were had by all, and somehow we managed to meet every Melbournian in the room I think (so much for branching out!).

Now it's back to work and normal life. Currently I'm trying to wean myself off coffee in time for the live Below the Line Challenge next week. I caved and bought a coffee at 11am... This challenge will be harder than I thought! But I'm looking forward to it.

Now, on to some goodness! Things that are making me smile at the moment:
  • My wonderful fiance - he's the best
  • My new office with a view of some trees still with their Autumn leaves
  • Free music that can be downloaded to my phone - fark yeah! 
  • My friend who FINALLY quit her soul destroying job! Woohoo! 
  • Opportunities - there is so much potential in the world, and this is awesome. 
Sydney from the ferry

No comments:

Post a Comment