Wednesday 3 August 2011

New Challenge: 100 Push ups


Since I did the half marathon, I have been trying to figure out my next challenge. I'm not sure if I want to keep doing random half marathons (well, I do, but I really need a racing buddy otherwise it's boring for the people who are patiently cheering me on from the sides). I could try a full marathon, but that would involve more half maras first. So we'll see how it all goes. I'm still loving going for long runs, particularly with this amazing Spring weather we are having here in beautiful Melbourne *love*

However. I discovered an awesome new blog (via Pinterest of all places. That Pinterest...will it's awesome ever end?), called (never home) maker. It's about a couple who love running and eating. They are seriously my kind of people. It's part food blog, part running and fitness blog. So of course I love it.

One of the things that Ashley has done is the 100 Push ups program. As it sounds, it's a program to get you to do 100 push ups in 6 weeks. My upper arm strength has been crappola since I stopped going to the gym, so this is a good kick up the bum.

I did the initial test and did 32 (girly-on-the-knees) push ups, so now I can start training. Once I can do 100 girly ones I'll start on the proper ones.

Hooray for new goals! And hooray for Spring!

Source: Dr Google

No comments:

Post a Comment