But I really miss running, and when I don't run or exercise I tend to eat a whole lot of crap and feel sluggish and tired. So this week is semi-detox and exercise week! I think I said something similar a couple of weeks ago, but I swear, I mean it this time... ;)
- Coffee is allowed. I mean, really. I don't want to lose the will to live now do I?
- More fruit (at least two pieces a day)
- More herbal tea (one-two cups a day)
- More water (1.5 litres, plus the herbal tea. It's all good).
- More plant based foods
- More 'real' foods (eg oats are OK, toast and Vegemite preferably not).
- Just do something decent every day
Dan and I will be embarking on the exercise thing together. Today I think it will be a run and then chin-ups, tricep dips and push ups at the park. Tomorrow a walk and ab work, Wednesday a run and yoga, Thursday some more arm exercises etc. We're going camping on the weekend so there will be hiking, but probably bad food. But that's ok. Every bit of nutritious food helps :)
In other news, I really want to sign up for a half marathon in November. It is in Marysville, which got decimated in the bush fires a couple of years ago, so it will be a bit emotional I think. But it's regenerating well, and there will be trails rather than just roads, so if I train properly and cautiously, I think it will be doable. And it will supporting a region that lost so much, which in itself makes it worthwhile.
|Steavenson Falls, Marysville|